Volunteers needed to Respond to local and national Disasters!
25 people are interested
- Provide timely response to disasters and assist those affected
- Interview and assist individuals and families with their disaster-caused immediate needs, such as the need for shelter and food.
- Complete forms related to service and provide referrals to other agencies.
- Assist in the operation of shelters/evacuation centers, provide mass feeding and distribute relief supplies, as assigned.
- Communicate to Team Leader about availability and readiness on a regular basis
- Time Commitment
Varies. Choose your own availability.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexibility to respond to disasters on short notice.
- Be able to follow chapter guidance and current Red Cross disaster guidance.
- Length of Appointment
Once trained may remain active as long as required training is updated.
- Development Opportunities
- Be a valued member of a Red Cross service that alleviates human suffering
- Enhance personal organizational and leadership skills
- Make a positive impact on clients' lives
- Receive training in Red Cross disaster response skills
- All training will be provided by the Red Cross. Minimum required training includes the General Volunteer Orientation, Disaster Services: An Overview and Disaster Action Team Fundamentals.
About American Red Cross - Eastern Pennsylvania Region
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
2221 Chestnut StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19103
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A willingness to help.