American Red Cross is in need of Volunteers to Respond to local and national Disasters!
15 people are interested
- Provide timely response to disasters and assist those affected
- Interview and assist individuals and families with their disaster-caused immediate needs, such as the need for shelter and food.
- Complete forms related to service and provide referrals to other agencies.
- Assist in the operation of shelters/evacuation centers, provide mass feeding and distribute relief supplies, as assigned.
- Communicate to Team Leader about availability and readiness on a regular basis
- Time Commitment
Varies. Choose your own availability.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Flexibility to respond to disasters on short notice.
- Be able to follow chapter guidance and current Red Cross disaster guidance.
- Length of Appointment
Once trained may remain active as long as required training is updated.
- Development Opportunities
- Be a valued member of a Red Cross service that alleviates human suffering
- Enhance personal organizational and leadership skills
- Make a positive impact on clients' lives
- Receive training in Red Cross disaster response skills
- All training will be provided by the Red Cross. Minimum required training includes the General Volunteer Orientation, Disaster Services: An Overview and Disaster Action Team Fundamentals.
We'll work with your schedule.
Philadelphia County (Various Locations)Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A willingness to help.