Psychiatrist Consultant (For Volunteers Age 55+) - Open Paths Counseling
1 person is interested
Open Paths Counseling Center’s mission is to meet the evolving mental health needs of the community through quality counseling for individuals and families at affordable fees; free therapy programs for at-risk children and youth in local schools; and a highly respected therapist training program.
Description: Open Paths is looking for an experienced psychiatrist to come in and volunteer with their psychiatric staff as a consultant on cases and mentor best practices. The ideal person would be familiar with working with populations that include low-income families, communities of color, intimate partner abuse and violence, and have an LGBTQIA affirmative mindset.
- Must be a licensed and train psychiatrist in good standing
- Familiarity of proven best practices for counseling a diverse population
- Have an understanding of community psychiatry
Responsibilities: Provide consultations for the Center’s pre-licensed MFT and LPCC clinicians in group settings, and on occasion, be available to provide guidance on a case by case basis. This volunteer position does not require interacting with clients, though client referrals are available to someone who is in private practice and willing to take clients on a sliding scale basis.
Link to sign up: https://www.laworks.com/opportunity/a0C1N00000Z5udLUAR
Email Andrew with any questions: email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
12655 W Washington BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90066
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Critical Thinking
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Time Commitment: Goal – The volunteer psychiatrist would provide a ‘training’ or ‘consultation’ with our pre-licensed team one Thursday a month from 1:30 – 3:00pm, during our regular training hours.