- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
**EVENTS WILL TAKE PLACE ACROSS THE SACRAMENTO REGION. SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR UPCOMING EVENTS AND LOCATIONS**
***PLEASE APPLY AT www.countonkids.org/event-assistant
Thank you for considering volunteering your time and talent to empower kids to make a difference in the community! We are looking for local, Sacramento region volunteers for our programs! We are a volunteer-driven organization, and rely on our amazing volunteers to make our programs possible. Being a volunteer with Count on Kids is a great opportunity to get involved with our growing Leadership Squad (youth members) and all we have to offer. Count on Kids welcomes volunteers who have the same vision for providing children opportunities to give back to their communities through community service projects.
Our Event Assistant position will provide general assistance the day of our community event. You can choose which events you would like to volunteer at, we simply ask that you commit to the entire event, rather than a portion of it.
Students: This position is eligible for community service hours (Open to middle school and high school volunteers!)
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Set up of event equipment and supplies
- Greeting of families and validation of registration
- Support of families and children during the service project (this may include things like explaining the project and/or ensuring they have all the materials they need to complete it). Projects range of artwork/crafts to park cleanups)
- Socializing with caregivers to obtain feedback on event and organization
- Tear down and clean up of event equipment and supplies
An application will be provided and upon completion a phone screen will be conducted.
A background check may be required
Things of note:
- Since you are representing Count on Kids, a professional but fun demeanor is a must
- You must be willing to provide essential event support such as event organization, set-up and clean-up.
- Experience working with children ages 3-18, helpful but not necessary
- Must be able to volunteer for the full event
Benefits of volunteering in this role:
- Gain experience supporting group activities for children
- Be a champion for our Leadership Squad (youth members) as they develop a lifetime of leadership skills and confidence
- Expand your professional network; list volunteer work on LinkedIn and be recognized for your contributions and service
- Students: This position is eligible for community service hours (Open to middle school and high school volunteers!)
We'll work with your schedule.
3941 Park Drive, Suite 20 #455El Dorado HillsEl Dorado Hills, CA 95762
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Event Management
- Child Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to volunteer for the entire event. You are able to select which event you volunteer at.