Graphic Designer and Technical Assistant for Dharma College
7 people are interested
I am looking for someone who knows creative design, marketing and social media and who can also help as a registrar duties.
We have a beautiful building in downtown Berkeley and looking for someone who is interested in transformation and developing materials such as flyers, messaging on social media to bring people into living in a more balanced way.
We also have co-working space in our building so this position would have a variety of duties. If this person works out, there might be an opportunity to live as a resident.
Should have knowledge of marketing, design software and willing to work in a disciplined and mindful way with a focus on completing projects.
Background Useful for this position may include:
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) to create documents, brochures, layouts, chanting books etc.
- Creative writer(good command of English) to share news updates for Dharma College and Coworking with Wisdom
- Ability to use word-press to update websites
- Experience in creating flyers and brochures
Administrative Technical Assistant to College:
- Has created courses online
- Excellent communication skills by phone and responding to emails (general queries)
- Receptionist at Dharma College and Coworking with Wisdom
- Able to send out emails with queries
- Keep a calendar of events
- Strong skills in social media online publicity-blogging
- Digital marketing such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Light land-scaping
- Able to use zoom and knows how with this program software or technically competent to understand instructions
- Send recordings back to students by email in a timely manner
Dharma College is located in the heart of downtown Berkeley, two blocks from the UC campus. Our work is carried out by volunteers looking for personal growth, meaningful work, and a community that shares their goals. Full-time (minimum commitment of 1 year) volunteers receive room and board, a modest stipend and free classes on meditation, yoga and mind classes.
About Light of Buddhadharma Foundation International
2425 HILLSIDE AVE, BERKELEY, CA 94704, US
The Light of Buddhadharma Foundation International (LBDFI) was founded in 2002 with the aim of revitalizing the Bharati Sangha in the holy land of India. Currently LBDFI acts as the primary sponsor of the International Tipitaka Chanting Council and meets all the living expenses of bhikkhus who travel to the ceremony from within India. The Foundation also offers daily Dana and bound copies of the Tipitika to the Sangha during the course of the ceremony itself. Light of Buddhadharma Foundation International is a fully registered charity in India and in the United States. The inspiration for the Light of Buddhadharma Foundation International (LBDFI) is the compassion and wisdom of the Buddha, as expressed in the Buddhadharma and brought forward through the living tradition of the Sangha.
Our Foundation, the Light of Buddhadharma Foundation International is looking for someone to start immediately who has skills in working closely with the Executive Director, planing ceremonial events, graphic design,land-scaping, and office skills. There is extensive travel involved in southeast Asia.
This person would be working in our head office in Berkeley, California part of the year. We do not offer housing so best if this person is Bay Area based. If not, then we would also consider those who are based in India.
Travel with Director in India
Skillful Means training - self-development to activate your best knowledge & potential
Work for the benefit of others
This position is to start immediately. How to Apply: Please send all enquiries to
Wangmo Dixey at email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
2222Harold WayBerkeleyBerkeley, CA 94704
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Website Programming
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation Software
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 8-10 hours a week or perhaps a full-time residential position.
- Based in the Bay Area