Volunteer Administrative Assistant
20 people are interested
EXPONENTS is a nonprofit organization located in the heart of New York City compassionately dedicated to serving those impacted by HIV/AIDS, substance use, incarceration and behavioral health challenges. We deliver these services through a client-centered, strength-based approach which greatly improves health outcomes and promotes overall wellness in our communities.
EXPONENTS is seeking a volunteer administrative assistant to assist the Executive team with day-to-day tasks and assignments such answering phone calls, returning messages, replying to emails, maintaining office records.
Other tasks, such as helping with newsletters, marketing projects, program development, member surveys, and community outreach initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive team
- General filing, organization, and data entry
- Assist with preparing quarterly newsletter
- Prepare meeting materials for Executive team and manage RSVP lists for events
- Prepare handouts and documents for outreach/recruitment events
- Create, with the assistance of the Fundraising & Events Manager, to-do lists, calendars and procedures that we can use for future events
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, the Fundraising & Events Manager
- Strong computer literacy: Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, required; experience with Contact Constant is a plus
- Exceptional writing skills, ability to proofread/copy edit quarterly newsletters & campaign letters
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and reliable
- Interested in learning about the daily functioning and deeper goals of EXPONENTS
EXPONENTS volunteers have the chance to work closely with the Executive Team and have the opportunity to make true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. Though this is a volunteer opportunity, college students can receive college credit. Commitment is 15-20 hours a week.
Interested applicants should apply for this volunteer opportunity by submitting a resume.
Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted in late January - mid February 2019.
We'll work with your schedule.
17 Battery Place8th FloorNew York, NY 10004
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Commitment is 15-20 hours a week. We will work with your schedule.