Help OC Homeless Families
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
21 people are interested
- Be a dinner host - make dinners for families
- Become a volunteer driver - transport a family to our Family Resource Center
- Organize a service project with your school or faith group
- Organize a food drive with your school or faith group
- Be an overnight host - ask your house of faith to host our families and stay with them overnight
- Be an Office Angel - assist with case management, office-related duties, social media and tutoring
- Help plan and organize our inaugural Chili Cook Off Fundraiser
- Be on the event committee to plan our Gala on Sept. 21, 2019
About Family Promise of Orange County
310 W. Broadway, #205, Anaheim, CA 92805, US
Our Mission: The mission of Family Promise of Orange County is to help families experiencing homelessness achieve housing stability by providing emergency and short-term shelter, meals, case-management and hospitality. Our Vision: We believe that no child should have to sleep in a car, in a park, or under a bridge, and that every family deserves a chance to be whole and have a roof over their head again.
Family Promise of Orange County began serving families on February 5, 2012 and added its first transitional house in 2013. Since then, FPOC has assisted over 230 families. In 2017 FPOC supported 24 families, that number soared 217% to 52 in 2018!
FPOC is an affiliate of Family Promise, a national organization that started New Jersey by Karen Olson over 30 years ago. Family Promise’s Emergency Shelter program was originally known as the Interfaith Hospitality Network. The organization now has over 200 affiliates in 44 states.
Emergency Shelter Program: A unique and cost-effective housing option, where stay as overnight guests at local faith- based congregations. The congregations provide a safe place to sleep and meals as they host for a week. On Sunday, the families rotate to a new congregation. While In this program, adults are assisted in finding full-time employment and establishing a viable housing plan.Short-term Transitional Housing Program: A six-month housing program for families who have full- time employment but need additional time to transition to stable housing. While in this program, families are required to build their savings, pay down debt and focus on improving their credit rating.
We'll work with your schedule.
310 W. BroadwayAnaheimAnaheim, CA 92805
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Web Design
- Event Planning / Management
- Graphic Design
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week
- Background check and Insurance for volunteer drivers.