Volunteers for Hospice/Palliative Care Patients
14 people are interested
Being a volunteer for a hospice patient as well as for the family is very rewarding. This could entail a visit to the patient and family, playing bingo at nursing facilities, providing arts & crafts therapy. Creating a video story of the patient’s history to provide to the family as well as taking photographs of patient and family with the patient and families permission.
Holidays are a special time for patients and families and providing visits is always a comfort. We also provide hospice to Veterans. Volunteers can ensure the patient honored for their service.
There are many ways to provide comfort and companionship to our patients and families. Some suggestions are as follows:
Direct Patient Care:
1. Provide direct care and/or companionship
2. Preparation of meals or assist with household chores
3. Provides a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
1. Participate in special projects or fundraisers
2. Provide clerical support to staff
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
8330 LBJ FrwySte. B280Dallas, TX 75243
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- Animal Therapy
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can be dependent upon the volunteer and what they can provide.