1 person is interested
TRR Marketing Internship
ORGANIZATION: TOUCAN RESCUE RANCH
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
6-month minimum, a longer duration is appreciated.
LOCATION OF INTERNSHIP
The Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR) San Josecito, San Isidro de Heredia, Costa Rica
THE TOUCAN RESCUE RANCH
The Toucan Rescue Ranch’s (TRR) mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release Costa Rica
wildlife. TRR works with a model that focuses on conservation, education, and research to
ensure a brighter tomorrow for Costa Rica wildlife.
TRR’s emphasis is on the care, rehabilitation, and release of national wildlife. We receive and
care for confiscated, sick, and injured animals from government agencies. The Toucan Rescue
Ranch works closely with the Ministry of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica (MINAE) who
brings injured and displaced wildlife to the center. TRR provides sanctuary while giving
treatment and rehabilitation. Whenever possible the animal is released to their natural
The Toucan Rescue Ranch is a licenses Costa Rica wildlife rescue facility, Costa Rica foundation
(300667701803) and a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (EIN: 80-0516453).
MARKETING INTERN DESCRIPTION
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to help with marketing related activities
and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will assist in administrative duties in
developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Marketing Specialist in various marketing
campaigns such as: social media, crowdfunding, onsite promotions and more. Your insightful
contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you improve your marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of
various marketing strategies. You will leave with a diverse understanding of the various roles of
marketing. You will be able to work in a diverse environment that demands constant creativity
and willingness to learn. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be
prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
MARKETING INTERN ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be working alongside the marketing specialist and administrative personnel.
● Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
● Performing market analysis and research on competition
● Supporting the marketing administration in daily administrative tasks
● Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail
● Prepare promotional presentations
● Help distribute marketing materials
● Create and publish monthly newsletters via Mailchimp
● Take professional photos/videos of new arrivals and releases
● Graphic design with Adobe Products such as Lightroom, Photoshop and InDesign
● Manage and update company database and customer relationship management
● Help organize marketing events
● Be a means of backup for the TOUCAN TEAM who works with the daily operations of the
Toucan Rescue Ranch
We are always open to suggestions. Let us know if you have a special skill you think will be
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants require a marketing/communications related discipline or have some experience
working in the field.
● Must be 18 years of age or older
● Provide proof of emergency health insurance while in Costa Rica
● Provide proof of current tetanus and rabies vaccinations
● Basic Spanish proficiency
● First Aid course is highly recommended
● The ability to follow directions with attention to detail
● A positive "can-do" attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
● Experience working with wildlife or animals is a plus
● Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
● Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
● Photography and video making experience
● Experience in software of Adobe Products (InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office
● Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. WordPress,
Gmail, Online analytics and Google AdWords)
● Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
● Prior or current education with a related Associates or BS degree
● A reliable laptop where you can do most of your responsibilities from
Ensuring Best Practice Implementation:
● Fostering practices that support and improve the Ranch’s philosophy, goals, and
standards of care.
The Marketing Intern works 5-days a week with two days off per week. Days off are not necessarily on the weekend. Workdays begin at 7:00am and end at 4:30pm. Daily schedule needs to be flexible depending on the day’s workload. Depending on your service hours this may be flexible - you may be asked to work overtime or over the weekend based on the team’s demands. You will learn about your schedule and days off during your orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator and your team supervisor.
You will learn about your schedule and days off during your orientation at the Ranch.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BENEFITS AND COSTS
Internships are voluntary self-funded positions. You will be responsible for all
travel expenses/flights and immigration expenses.
Housing: Provided by TRR. Includes utilities and Wifi. Interns will stay at either the Sloth House
at TRR Headquarters at the Intern House (6-minute walk).
Meals: Meals are provided 7-days a week. We will show you the local stores where you can
buy additional food to supplement your meals. Please let us know if you are
vegetarian, vegan, or have special dietary requirements.
Other: All other costs are to be paid for by the intern. This includes travel expenses, medical
insurance, entertainment expenses, common household items and a 5-day trip out of
the country every three months to renew your visa.
I’D LIKE TO APPLY
If you would like to be a part of the TRR Team, please send the following documents to
● One-page cover letter of interest - specify which internship(s) you are interested in and
when you are available to start
● CV or resume
● 3-5-minute video explaining why you feel you’re the right candidate for the position
● Contact information for three professional references
We will promptly contact you to schedule a Skype interview after reviewing your application. If
you have any questions we are always available via email to answer any questions.
Toucan Rescue Ranch
About TOUCAN RESCUE RANCH
APDO 69-3017, San Isidro, CR
The Toucan Rescue Ranch's (TRR) focuses on the care, rehabilitation, and study of Costa Rican wildlife. We receive and care for confiscated, sick, and injured wildlife from government agencies. TRR gives the animals a loving home while providing appropriate medical treatment and rehabilitation in order to return them safely to the wild.
The Toucan Rescue Ranch's (TRR) mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and release Costa Rican wildlife. TRR works with a model that focuses on conservation, education and research so a brighter tomorrow is promised to the incredible animals of Costa Rica's rainforests.
The Toucan Rescue Ranch was founded in 2004 by Leslie Howle and Jorge Murillo as a rescue center that specialized in toucans. Nonetheless, the center quickly grew and started rescuing a wide range of birds and raptors.
In 2007, a baby sloth named Millie arrived and was solely in Leslie and Jorge’s care. Millie is initially what transformed the Toucan Rescue Ranch into a full wildlife rescue. Today, the Ranch rescues, rehabilitates and releases a wide range of wildlife from all over the country. TRR works alongside MINAE, the wildlife Costa Rican governing agency, on the rescue and release of all wildlife under the center's care. The Ranch operates thanks to a small staff, volunteers and interns who provide the utmost care for resident rescues, new arrivals and release candidates. They are a dedicated Costa Rican Foundation and U.S. nonprofit for Costa Rica conservation.
Toucan Rescue RanchOff of Route 112San Josecito, San Isidro, Heredia Costa Rica
August 7, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- Please read the description.