Event Sound Production Team
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
IF YOU WANT TO HELP: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER
Sound Production is an area that is often taken for granted and done by seasoned professionals that have formed a tight circle. Sound production is an art form and should be open to learn and experience. WorldBeat Center takes Sound Production very seriously. If the sound is off than no matter how good the artist is or the planning and promotions, the event will be a failure. At this time we have a professional Sound Tech and is open to on site training to dedicated and commited individuals.
These are the Duties of this department:
1. FOH (Front of House) Sound Tech:
Please arrive at Sound Check Time (pre arranged -advanced- by stage manager). Requires PRIOR EXPERIENCE in Live Audio Production. Communication with FOH Sound Manager is vital. Follow every instruction closely. Be as helpful as possible and always maintain a positive attitude towards the artists. Often In this industry Sound techs have a very bad attitude and can make a show a headache. Artists as well can be overly demanding but remain level headed and do your best. You are responsible for the following:
- Set Up Stage.
- Run Mic Cables
- Plug in channels
- Help lift and move sound equipment.
- Some mixing
- Watching peak levels do not get out of control.
2. Stage Manager:
Stage production is essential in a smooth stage show. Artists hate it when they are rushed into performing or taken off stage prematurely. A stage manager has ADVANCED THE DATE and has already communicated to the bands, sound techs and production manager all Stage Times and everyone is clear. You are responsible for the following:
- Advancing the Date
- Calling all bands with Load in, Sound Check & Stage Times.
- Advanced with Techs and Production Manager.
- Sets up stage including Mics, stands, lights, power and Cold Water.
- Keeps in constant contact with bands throughout the night.
- Posts up a Stage Schedule in dressing rooms and stage.
- Delivers Backstage passes to bands.
3. Production Manager:
Production Manager is the one who basically runs the whole show. He/She is responsible for every aspect of the production specifically ADVANCING THE DATE. Making sure the essentials are taken care of and that the Stage Manager is on his/her job. You are responsible for the following:
- Making sure bands are on track as far as arriving in the city, checking Hotel, aquiring food and that the Green Room is Prepared in alignment to the Rider.
- Sound Check runs smoothly and on time.
- Doors open on time.
- Cashiers are ready.
- Will call is prepared properly
- Security is on point.
- Media is set and ready.
- House looks good and everything is in place.
The World Beat Cultural Center is dedicated to promoting and preserving African, African-American, and other indigenous cultures of the world through art, music, dance, education, and technology. Classes in international dance and drumming are offered year round. The WorldBeat Center strives to enhance the visibility of cultural artists, expand opportunities for cultural enrichment, and broaden the understanding of various world cultures. We have an ongoing concert and cultural productions as well as producing 5 outdoor festivals yearly. We believe that Art, Culture, and Music can Heal the World.
We'll work with your schedule.
WorldBeat Cultural Center2100 Park Blvd. Balboa ParkSan Diego, CA 92101
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Sound Production
- Project Management
- Must be at least 17
- at least 4-5 hours, 1-3 days a week