Veterans for Veterans - Volunteer with Hospice Patients Program
3 people are interested
Through the We Honor Veterans program from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, Halcyon Hospice & Palliative Care is actively recruiting Veterans of all kinds to spend quality time with our patients who are also Veterans. Volunteers during end-of-life care provide patients with the companionship and emotional support needed to help them on their journey, and by partnering Veterans with each other, their support of each other goes even deeper through a common bond.
Apply today to get started as hospice companionship volunteer for our Veteran patients.
- Must be 18 years old
- Commitment of 6-12 months with a minimum frequency of 2-3 times a month
- Dedication to our mission and values, patient and family confidentiality and safety
- Submit volunteer application
- Interview with Volunteer Staff
- Volunteer Orientation
- Attend additional training required for specific positions
- Pass a background check
- Complete a 2-part TB test
- Pass a drug screening test
- Provide a current driver's license and proof of auto insurance
- Participate in 20 hours of annual continuing education.
If you have experienced a loss of a family member or close friend within the last year, we ask you wait a year to be involved directly with patients.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
We'll work with your schedule.
12200 E Iliff AveFt Collins, Greeley, Boulder, Thornton, Lone TreeDenver, Littleton, Aurora, Castle Rock, LakewoodDenver Metro Region, CO 80014
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- TB Test, Flu Shot, Background check, Drug Screening