Our most precious gift is TIME. Share that GIFT and change a LIFE. Become a Hospice Volunteer.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Time is valuable. And, at the end of life, every moment matters.
At Amedisys Hospice we empower our patients to live each day of their lives fully by offering comfort, dignity, and quality of life. Our patient-centered care aims to support patients through a multi-faceted approach: physically, mentally, psychosocially.
There are many ways that you can use your time and talent to add beauty to the lives of patients in your community. Listed below are just a few examples of how volunteers become members of the hospice team:
Activities with Patient
- Offering companionship
- Playing games
- Reading and/or helping write correspondence
- Arts & Crafts: knitting, scrapbooking, card making, etc.
- Providing support at time of death
- Veteran to veteran visits
- Making weekly "tuck-in" calls
- Make bereavement phone calls or visits
- Participating in memorial services
- Providing respite for caregivers
- Attending funerals
- Making spiritual prayer calls
- Assisting with office duties
- Providing help with bereavement mailings
- Attending local community service & health fairs
- Creating Chart-a-Life posters
There are so many ways in which you can make a difference. Join us in meeting the needs of others.
No previous volunteer or hospice experience is needed. All training is provided at no cost.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2929 Crouse LaneSuite EBurlington, NC 27215
- Administrative Support
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer support is always needed and welcomed. We encourage weekly participation, but volunteers are able to set their own schedules. A minimum of once monthly activity, please.
- TB Tests for Direct Care Volunteers