Farm Stand Assistant - Powisset Farm
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Powisset’s open fields and cluster of farm buildings make up a scenic, pastoral landscape that is a rare treasure within the Greater Boston area. Given its history of active agricultural use dating back more than 300 years, the farm is an invaluable cultural resource. Today, The Trustees continues that legacy through a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program at Powisset Farm, along with a vibrant barnyard, farm stand, and teaching kitchen. Currently, The Trustees is seeking a committed Farm Stand Assistant to help during our busy CSA pick-up days.
As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
Available shifts are:
- Tuesday....................... 1:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Thursday..................... 9:30 am - 7:30 pm
- Saturday...................... 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following)
- Coordinate CSA distribution
- Prep for CSA distribution in an attractive yet practical manner including washing vegetable bins, displaying accurate signage, settings limits where necessary, and any other relevant information
- Engage with CSA members in a friendly and efficient manner
- Provide up to date information on Pick-Your-Own garden, upcoming events, new farm stand items, recipes, and cooking tips as needed
- Communicate with farmer and other staff to harvest or fetch vegetables in appropriate locations to prevent contamination by birds/pests/spoilage
- Log volunteer hours
- Must be able to carry 40 lb box/basket
- Standing/Sitting for periods of time
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass, paved walkways, stairs
- Minimum age: 16 years old
Position lasts from June to the end of October. Volunteers are requested to commit to a minimum of a regular 1-day a week schedule.
For more information Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We'll work with your schedule.
Powisset Farm39 Powisset StDover, MA 02030
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Position lasts from June to the end of October. Volunteers are requested to commit to a minimum of a regular 1-day a week schedule.
- Minimum age of 16