BOARD MEMBER FOR OUTREACH
9 people are interested
BOARD MEMBER RECRUITMENT:
A Child for All ("ACFA") is a U.S. non-profit organization with current operations in the city of Bamako in Mali, West Africa. ACFA provides a safe and loving environment for vulnerable children who are living on the streets or who are orphaned. These children are welcomed into the home that our founder grew up in and they receive the nourishment, education, health care and attention necessary to thrive Having been a Malian orphan herself, ACFA’s founder possess a unique understanding of how to alleviate the dislocation and hopelessness that these children experience and ACFA provides the foundation for these children to grow and become empowered to achieve the futures they deserve.
Given the growing number of vulnerable children in the area, ACFA has decided to increase its capacity by building a new children's complex to serve the surrounding communities and support up to 100 more children. The Zorokoro Children's Complex will include dormitories, a school, a medical complex, and a sports complex. ACFA's vision to empower Mali's children to achieve a future they deserve is only continued by the work of our supporters and volunteers across the globe.
In June 2010, ACFA Mali opened its doors with the vision of creating a Mali where all children are afforded the tools necessary for a successful future. Today ACFA provides a home for 12 unique children, offering private school for our students, in addition to a vast array of extracurricular activities including basketball, Taekwondo, and vocational classes. We provide our children with the basic human needs of a child, including safe shelter, healthcare, and nutrition, while ensuring quality education and extracurricular activities.
Zorokoro Children's Complex Project:
The Complex will support up to 100 vulnerable children while also providing health care, and education to other children of the community in an area that lacks these services. The project includes dormitories for up to l00 vulnerable children, a medical facility, a school from grades 1 to 9, and a multifunctional sports facility that will accommodate football, basketball, volleyball, Taekwondo, Aikido, Karate, musical performances, conferences, and many other workshops.
ACFA is run by a small and dedicated working board in the Washington, DC area that gathers monthly. Our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization, eager to make a difference in the lives of Malian children.
The benefits of contributing to a small working board include:
- Easy communication and interaction-board members get to know each other well
- Constant and meaningful involvement provides a high level of satisfaction from board service, and
- The participation of every board member counts.
We especially welcome candidates with personal or professional experience in West or sub-Saharan Africa, including Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and Diaspora Africans living in the U.S. Candidates should reside within commuting distance of the metro Washington, DC area.
BOARD MEMBER FOR OUTREACH
Our Board of Directors is currently recruiting for a member to lead our outreach committee and collaborate with our own social media team to help maintain and expand the ACFA’s presence across social media platforms.
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Use social networking (blogs, posting on Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to market events and promote ACFA
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Prepare an annual budget for outreach.
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Schedule regular outreach exhibitions.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Commitment to ACFA’s mission and strategic directions
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and be self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including but not limited to verbal and written communication, organizational, negotiation, and leadership skills as well as have great attention to detail.
- Ideally, prior experience in event planning, fundraising and/or volunteer management.
- An ability to commit the time required to fulfill the responsibilities described
To be considered for nomination to the ACFA Board of Directors, please submit a letter of interest and biography or resume to email@example.com.To learn more about ACFA please visit our website at www.acfacorp.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Meetings take place in the DC metro areaWashington, DC 20005
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Customer Acquisition
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination