4 people are interested
Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group Facilitator/Co-Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association (Desert SW Chapter)
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The Alzheimer's Associations seeks support group facilitators and co-facilitator, to work with a group of Alzheimer's caregivers. Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia. The goal of Alzheimer's Association support groups is to provide emotional, social and/or educational support to group members.
If you enjoy:
- working with families and seniors
- are patient, kind, and comforting
- enjoy giving back and supporting your community
Key responsibilities include:
- Follow expectations and recommendations of the Caregiver Support Group Facilitator Manual, including participation in initial & ongoing training and submission of all required documentation to Chapter.
- Set up, arrange and prepare the room before and after each group.
- Coordinate any speakers/presenters with local chapter staff.
- Encourage participants to provide assistance and emotional support to one another.
- Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members.
- Connect members of the community with additional Association services by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
For more information about this opportunity, or any of our other volunteer opportunities, please call Johna Meints (702) 800-7360.
About Alzheimer's Association (Desert SW Chapter)
5190 S Valley View Blvd., Suite 104, Las Vegas, NV 89118, US
Our Mission: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health
The Desert Southwest Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association is a charitable organization governed by a local board of directors. While we are an affiliate of the National Alzheimer's Association based in Chicago, all our work is devoted to providing service and support to Alzheimer's patients, family members and caregivers throughout Nevada.
Our Vision A world without Alzheimer's disease.
Our Purpose To empower and support individuals, families, care partners and communities affected by dementia in Arizona and southern Nevada.
1020 W Old Mill RoadPahrump, NV 89048
May 3, 2022
- Elder care
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People Skills
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Continuity is important. A co-facilitator will be assigned to assist. This is an on-going assignment for a minimum of one year