Help our veterans at the Fisher House.
5 people are interested
Fisher House Volunteer at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
The Augusta Fisher House has a very small staff and needs volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the house and a pleasant stay for guests while their loved one recovers.
- Offering simple compassion to guests dealing with the stress of their loved one’s illness
- Explaining house policies and procedure to new guests.
- Providing tours of the house to new guests and visitors
- Counting, stocking and distributing donated items to guests as they are received.
- Assisting guests with basic check-in and check-out procedures
- Time Commitment Monday-Friday (8.am. - Noon), (Noon-4p.m.), (4p.m.-8p.m.)
Because the Fisher House is a "home away from home" for our guests, there are additional volunteer opportunities to help make the house a more comfortable, home-like setting. These areas may include:
- Baking sweets and "goodies" for the guests or making casseroles and smaller meals; helping with set-up of meals donated by community groups.
- Assisting the housekeeper with light duties and helping with organization in the housekeeping storage area.
- Helping to monitor the inventory of the pantry, rotating stock to ensure freshness, shopping for replacement supplies when needed, keeping the storage in the closet in order (linens, toiletries, paper goods, etc.
- Helping to decorate the house for seasonal events and planning special events for families.
- Assisting staff with administrative tasks, such as preparing and distributing flyers, updating guest books, picking up mail, orienting guests to the Medical Center and assisting guests.
- Pass a background check.
- People skills, energetic.
- Orientation to Fisher House, Checking guests in, processing donations, emergency procedures.
- Red Cross Orientation.
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
Building 300, Room 3D-09, Fort Gordon, GA 30905, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Service to the Armed Forces
VA Medical CentersAugusta, GA 30909
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Veteran Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training