South Lansing Farmers Market Intern/Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
The South Lansing Farmers market is open every Thursday from 3-7 p.m., May through October. Nestled in the heart of the Moores Park Neighborhood, the Market provides a dynamic social gathering space where community members can purchase fresh-picked fruits and vegetables, agricultural-based products, and artisan goods directly from local growers, bakers, cooks, and crafters.
Our volunteer opportunities include placing directional signage in specific areas every Wednesday and removing them every Thursday after the market. We find having 2 people on this tasks makes it easy for one to drive, one to place and pick-up the signs. Volunteers also help distribute posters and flyers.
On Thursdays, volunteers help set up canopies, tables, and chairs for our booths, and assist vendors with anything they need before the market opens.
We can also use help in the kitchen preparing concession items and recipes used for weekly taste samples, greeting customers as they arrive, serving in the concession area, selling raffle tickets, staffing the children's booth, and tear-down.
Intern opportunities are available for those seeking experience in sustainable business development, entrepreneurship, local food systems, community development, nonprofit program management, social media marketing etc.
We'll work with your schedule.
800 West Barnes AvenueLansing, MI 48910
- People Skills
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Because this is a weekly market, we offer a lot of flexibility . Volunteers are needed on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and duty/task commitments range from 2 to 6 hours at a time... one day, once a month, or ongoing.
- Eat the free food and have fun!