Internship with Hospice Care Facility
8 people are interested
Internship will be at the Assured Hospice Care in-patient facility.
- Special project coordinator in your discipline such as the "last wishes" program
- Interact with and shadow nurses, social workers and chaplains
- Provide recruitment, training and retention activities for volunteers
- Companionship to patients and respite for caregivers
- Management duties including customer service, front desk reception, and other clerical tasks
- Clinical documentation and auditing
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings
- Attend continuing education trainings
- Assist with bereavement program
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or master program in Health Sciences, Social Work, Nursing, Theology, Health Care Management, Administrative Management, Psychology and Human Services, or Marketing and Business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the changing needs of hospice care
- Internship is unpaid. Training provided. Group and individual supervision provided.
- Hours are flexible and depend of the student’ class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability. Internship is filled on a rolling basis. Hours Per Week: 8 - 24.
About Assured Hospice Care
9B Medical Dr NE, Cartersville, GA 30121, US
Our patients come first and we strive to deliver the highest quality of care with integrity and compassion. Our mission is to assist patients in making a peaceful and dignified end of life transition that is free from fear and uncertainty as possible. Our goal for family members and friends is to have the best memory possible of their loved one’s transition and to provide them with ongoing support on their journey of healing. Hospice means taking care of people with life limiting illnesses by providing compassionate care, comfort and support to both the patient and their families. Hospice Care is a choice. Choosing hospice does not mean giving up but simply deciding to accept the help and care of people who will give you a better quality of living for as long as they can. Hospice is a philosophy of care centered on the patient and their families.
Assured Hospice Care (formerly Transitions Hospice Care) began caring for its first patients in 2006 with the goal of helping people transition from illness and suffering to a more peaceful place. Our owner loved hospice and wanted to give her expertise to a company that would concentrate on the person and not the bottom line. We are committed to providing responsive and professional end of life care that consistently exceeds the expectations of our patients, their families and our referral sources.
Hospice care happens at home which may be a family residence, a nursing home, an assisted living facility or an inpatient facility. Patients receive care tailored to each patient’s physical, spiritual and emotional needs from nurses, nursing assistants, social workers and chaplains who work in coordination with a medical doctor. A plan of care is developed to manage the patient’s pain and symptoms. The plan of care will insure that any medicines, supplies and necessary medical equipment are provided.
We realize that making the transition to end of life care can be challenging for both the patient and the patient’s family and friends. We strive to help patients and their families manage that transition. We exist to help our patients and their families. Assured Hospice Care wants to be the face of hospice care for you. We want to be there to hold your hands, comfort your anxiety, improve your spirits and heal your heart. We are available 24 hours a day-7 days a week.
We'll work with your schedule.
5 Bowens CourtCartersville, GA 30120
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-24 hours per week