6 people are interested
We’re looking for experienced Maintenance, Landscaping and All-Around-Handy person to join our volunteer team! The person in this position will help with regular maintenance of our offices and grounds to ensure they are welcoming and comfortable for our clients.
Compass Center is an established non-profit located in Chapel Hill, NC serving more than 5,000 people in the Triangle annually in our various programs.
Responsibilities: A variety of house maintenance, cleaning and gardening projects. This can include anything from trimming hedges, painting, raking the yard, and cleaning out trash bins to shoveling snow, cleaning drains, changing lightbulbs and dropping donations to thrift stores.
Commitment: From 4-8 hours a week, depending on tasks that need tending to. Weekday availability is required (no weekends), preferably on the same day each week.
- Experience in/knowledge of gardening, cleaning, and general home maintenance.
- Maturity, patience and the ability to handle a variety of tasks with grace and humor.
- Ability to work with and around our diverse staff and clientele.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Physical stamina and strength.
- Professional presentation of self, dependability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Valid NC driver’s license and vehicle are highly preferred.
We'll work with your schedule.
210 Henderson StChapel Hill, NC 27514
- Facilities Management
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- 4-8 hours per week (weekday business hours only)