9 people are interested
Big Dog Team
9 people are interested
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of the dogs at the Palm Springs Animal Shelter?
We are always looking for volunteers who are a good match for our Big Dog Team.
All Dog Team Volunteers go through training to become a Handler. Once approved as a handler, volunteers are engaged with:
- Playgroups - handlers assist with morning Playgroups. This is where the dogs get to practice their dog social skills, while burning off extra energy and also enabling us to learn more about their play style and who they get a long with.
- Walking - handlers sign up for dog walking shifts, where they also teach the dogs their door manners, loose leash walking and other important skills that will aid in their adoption.
- Adoption Events - event handlers are tasked with overseeing and transporting their dogs to Adoption Events.
- Socialization & Enrichment - volunteers spend time interacting and providing enrichment opportunities to keep the dogs happy, healthy and mentally stimulated.
Do you have what it takes for the Big Dog Team?
Apply at www.psanimalshelter.org/volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Palm Springs Animal Shelter
4575 E. Mesquite Ave., Palm Springs, CA 92264, US
Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter is a non-profit organization dedicated to building a community responsible for pet stewardship and humane treatment of animals.
On November 1, 2012 the City of Palm Springs and Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter entered into an agreement allowing Friends to assume operation of the shelter. This partnership paves the way to a new model for caring for animals in need in our community, providing a safe haven for both highly adoptable animals as well as those who require behavioral training or medical treatment before they can be adopted.
The Palm Springs Animal Shelter is a municipal shelter serving the city of Palm Springs, not a private rescue. Therefore, we cannot close our doors when we are full. As an "open admission" shelter that does not euthanize for space or length of stay, we are continuously challenged to place our animals in homes as quick as possible.
4575 E. Mesquite Ave.Palm Springs, CA 92264
September 7, 2021
- Outdoor Recreation
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One or more 3 hour shift per week. Must stay active enough to keep training fresh.
- Best for those who are physically fit and enjoy time outside. Due to the amount of training investing in our handlers, this is not a short-term volunteer opportunity. If you are interested, you could apply on our website psanimalshelter.org