34 people are interested
Our mission is to promote and improve the quality of life for all who are affected by mental illness by providing support, education and advocacy. We provide educational classes and support groups for individuals and families affected by mental illness. We fight to erase the stigma and silence the shame associated with mental health conditions.We are seeking 5 new board members beginning 2020. Each with expertise in one of the following areas.
1. Board - Finance -
- One board member needed to act as Finance Chair with the duties of accounts payable and filing tax postcard
3. Board - Marketing
4. Board - Operations
5. Board - FundraisingBoard terms last three years. Please review board responsibilities below:
- Work with other board members to establish goals and action plans for NAMI DeKalb
- Commit to attending board meetings, educational and fundraising events
- Work with other board members to develop an annual budget and ways of raising money to carry out goals
- Volunteer for at least 1 event per year such as health fairs, speaking events on behalf of the organization, etc.
- Work to contribute a minimum of $500 in funding through securing sponsorships, the walk campaign, birthday fundraiser, in-kind services from a vendor, or a personal donation
About NAMI DeKalb
P.O. Box 2180, Decatur, GA 30031, US
The mission of NAMI is to promote recovery and improve the quality of life for all who are affected by mental illness by providing support, education, and advocacy.
NAMI, which stands for National Alliance on Mental Illness, is a grassroots organization. Our circle logo contains blades that represent grass. There were hundreds of local groups of people, banding together out of urgent need, which existed in the 1970s. Atlanta Friends of the Mentally Ill was one of those groups.
In 1979 a few leaders decided to unify these groups into a national organization, governing through state affiliates. The Georgia Alliance for the Mentally Ill, formed in the mid 80s, was further unified nationally by using the acronym NAMI before the local area name.
NAMI National advocates on our behalf to promote favorable legislation before Congress. It provides training of state leaders who, in turn, train local teachers for the Family to Family courses, Visions for Tomorrow classes for parents of mentally ill children, and new consumer led programs. Many free educational booklets are available at nami.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 2180Decatur, GA 30031
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Public Speaking
- Orientation or Training
- This a commitment of roughly 10 hours per month.
- You don't need skills in all areas listed but at least one. All board members should contribute annually. We suggest $500. This could be personally, walk campaign or through sponsorship.