13 people are interested
Our mission is to promote and improve the quality of life for all who are affected by mental illness by providing support, education and advocacy. We provide educational classes and support groups for individuals and families affected by mental illness. We fight to erase the stigma and silence the shame associated with mental health conditions.We are seeking 3 new board members this year. Board terms last three years. Please view the description below:
- Work with other board members to establish goals and action plan for NAMI DeKalb
- Commit to attending board meetings, educational and fundraising events
- Work with other board members to develop an annual budget and ways of raising money to carry out goals
- Volunteer for at least 1 event per year such as health fairs, speaking events on behalf of the organization, etc.
- Work to contribute a minimum of $500 in funding through securing sponsorships, the walk campaign, birthday fundraiser, in-kind services from a vendor, or a personal donation
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 2180Decatur, GA 30031
- Legal (General)
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Public Speaking
- Orientation or Training
- This a commitment of roughly 10 hours per month.
- You don't need skills in all areas listed but at least one. All board members must contribute annually. We suggest $500. This could be personally or through sponsorships.