GED Tutors Needed!
10 people are interested
The W.I.O.A Tutor Volunteer provides academic assistance in the form of writing,
grammar, mathematics, science, and social studies to current W.I.O.A students and
assists adult students who are working toward completing their GED, high school
- Complete informal interview and mandatory orientation
- Tutor individual students, one-on-one, or in small groups
- Notify the program manager if you are unable to be present during your scheduled hours
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area; maintain good housekeeping, and learning environment
About Goodwill Ind Sacramento Valley Northern Nevada, Inc
8001 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95826, US
Our mission is to utilize Goodwill resources to help people with disadvantages achieve self-sufficiency.
We fulfill our mission by being good stewards of the donated goods provided to us by the community. We attempt to maximize the value of the donated goods to produce a revenue stream to fund mission related services. Our stores are community training centers, not only employing those with disabilities, but also providing training in retail merchandising and production. In 2017, Goodwill and it's Network of Services provided over 866,000 services to more than 325,000 people.
We'll work with your schedule.
815 S StreetSacramento, CA 95811
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to commit to tutor for a minimum of four months on a set weekly schedule (Aug – Jan on Mon & Wed from 11:30am-1:30pm)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, able to work harmoniously with individuals with disabilities, special needs and other barriers to employment, Dependable and understanding Advanced reading, writing & math skills