DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Join the Aquarium Guide program and share the Tennessee Aquarium's mission to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife.
Shifts are available Monday - Sunday, 9:30AM - 2:00PM or 1:30PM - 6:00PM. Priority will be given to candidates with availability on the weekends. Positions are available for both summer and year-round.
- Aquarium Guides have an opportunity to interact with guests at various exhibits throughout the Aquarium during their 4.5 hour shift.
- They should be able to communicate effectively with large and small groups.
- Customer service is our #1 priority! Guides are expected to treat guests in a respectful and engaging manner while extending exceptional hospitality.
- As a Guide, you will work a minimum of 1hour at one of our two touch exhibits during each shift.
Year-round Aquarium Guides will work a minimum of three 4.5hr shifts a month for a year; 13.5hrs/month. Must be age 18 or older. Orientations are held in March and September each year)
Not ready to commit for a year? Seasonal Aquarium Guides will work one 4.5hr shift a week during the summer. Orientation in May, June-August commitment; opportunities will be available to transition to year-round for those who are interested. Must be age 18 or older.
Teen volunteers are required to work a minimum of two 4.5hr shifts each month for a year; 9hrs/month. Teens must be between 14 and 17 years old who have completed at least one year of high school science.
Recruitment for the Aquarium Guide program is now open. Please note there is an application, interview and orientation process. After submitting an application, we will reach out to qualified candidates to set up an in-person interview. After the interviewing process we will select candidates that best fit the program and invite them to join our team.
Orientation & Education
All new Aquarium Guides must complete our 5 week orientation process. Following orientation, volunteers are scheduled to immediately begin serving on shifts and will be required to complete additional on-the-floor training during their shifts. Initially, the focus will be on learning key exhibits (including the touch exhibits) and then volunteers can add to their knowledge banks by completing additional training and moving through our tiered systems.
If you're interested in becoming an Aquarium Guide, please complete our Aquarium Guide Program Application.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
One BroadChattanooga, TN 37401
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- All new Aquarium Guides must complete our 5 week orientation process and be available to immediately begin serving on shifts.