Patient Support Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Hospice Patient Support Volunteers travel to the home of the patient or family to provide support to individuals who are approaching the death of a loved one. Our role is to make a difficult situation a little better. This takes many forms that are as diverse as the people who provide this service. There are so many ways you can be a support including (but not limited to):
· Conversing with patients
· Provide respite for family or caregivers
· Light housework (grocery pickup, cleaning, meal preparation, etc.)
· Reading, watching TV, or playing games with patients
· Music or art therapy
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
520 9th StSuite 240Sacramento, CA 95814
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 6 months
- Patient Support Volunteers must complete a medical checklist and provide a resume.