7 people are interested
CRISP Team Lead
7 people are interested
Chicagoland Rescue & Support Intervention Program (CRISP) is an initiative that pools resources of local rescues to work with Chicago Animal Care and Control (CACC) to support pet owners in need. They also divert owner-surrendered animals to rescues, reducing overall surrenders at CACC.
The CRISP Team Lead (CTL) will help manage ALIVE Rescue’s CRISP Team. Their responsibilities include:
- Asking for, organizing, and scheduling volunteers for each shift.
- Serving as the on-site manager and ALIVE Rescue representative for each shift.
- Handling owner surrenders with compassion, understanding and empathy, while encouraging volunteers to do the same.
- Working with other rescues, volunteers, and CACC to provide support and services to animals, or place them within a rescue.
- Upkeeping materials in the CRISP bin at the Little Barn, bringing forms to each shift, and maintaining animal intake paperwork.
- Entering all information about incoming animals to CRISP spreadsheet within 24 hours of each shift.
- Emailing CRISP Program Managers information and pictures of animals rescued.
For Animal Surrenders : The CTL will notify the ALIVE Founder of incoming animals first to see if we have room for intake. If ALIVE cannot take an animal, the CRISP Lead should work to find an alternate rescue for the animal by posting on the CRISP GroupMe or Facebook Rescue Roundtable.
For Owner Assists: To provide assistance for an owner in need, we need 2 CRISP Lead approvals. You should then send these approvals to a CRISP Program Manager on GroupMe.
Our CRISP Team Lead will work with other ALIVE CRISP Leads, the ALIVE Founder, Director of Operations, and Foster Manager. It’s required that they...
- Lead one or two CRISP shifts per month (an average 5-7 hours per shift).
- Update CRISP spreadsheets and manage any follow up with rescues after each shift (1-2 hours).
- Stay informed on updated CRISP policies, forms and procedures.
- Work as a team player and are comfortable multitasking.
- Manage several tasks and people at once, with the ability to prioritize emergency medication situations.
We’re looking for someone who has...
- Excellent dog and cat handling skills
- Working knowledge of animal medical care
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Facebook and GroupMe
- Smartphone needed, with storage for photos and videos
- Car preferred, but not necessary
- If you are not a current volunteer, you must attend a Volunteer Orientation
- Volunteered for at least 1 CRISP Shift
About ALIVE Rescue
1214 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL 60607, US
ALIVE Rescue is an animal rescue that protects the lives and the rights of animals. We believe every animal has the right to a well-balanced, socialized and fulfilled life. We take on the responsibility to save, rehabilitate and place abandoned, abused and stray animals. We provide medical, behavioral and physical support for animals despite their age, health and/or breed. ALIVE promotes sustainable living and care giving by building awareness, appreciation and respect for all animals and the environment within our communities.
ALIVE Rescue is a volunteer run organization who rescues cats and dogs who would otherwise be euthanized. ALIVE is proud to be the first green animal rescue in Chicago.
2741 S Western AveChicago, IL 60608
October 15, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21