Animal Medical Coordinator
4 people are interested
The Medical Coordinator will work in The Little Barn and at foster homes to perform basic medical care, including:
- Vaccinating and microchipping all animals.
- Drawing blood from cats and dogs to test for FeLv, FIV, heartworms, and more.
- Giving SubQ fluids to cats and dogs when needed.
- Processing fecal samples and call them into Idexx for pick-up.
- Updating physical medical records and communicate medical information to ALIVE staff as needed.
- Advising foster homes and volunteers on proper care of animals.
- A working knowledge of vet care, prevention protocol, and vaccinations is a plus, but not required.
- An animal lover that is excited about the rescue mission.
- Must attend a volunteer orientation session at the Little Barn.
The Medical Coordinator will report to ALIVE Rescue’s Director of Operations. This position will require...
- Approximately 5-15 hours per week, depending on animal intake.
- A willingness to learn how to perform medical techniques, such as inserting microchips, drawing blood, etc.
- Regular communication with ALIVE staff, fosters, and volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
variousChicago, IL 60618
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training