Animal Medical Coordinator
The Medical Coordinator will work in The Little Barn and at foster homes to perform basic medical care, including:
- Vaccinating and microchipping all animals.
- Drawing blood from cats and dogs to test for FeLv, FIV, heartworms, and more.
- Giving SubQ fluids to cats and dogs when needed.
- Processing fecal samples and call them into Idexx for pick-up.
- Updating physical medical records and communicate medical information to ALIVE staff as needed.
- Advising foster homes and volunteers on proper care of animals.
- A working knowledge of vet care, prevention protocol, and vaccinations is a plus, but not required.
- An animal lover that is excited about the rescue mission.
- Must attend a volunteer orientation session at the Little Barn.
The Medical Coordinator will report to ALIVE Rescue’s Director of Operations. This position will require...
- Approximately 5-15 hours per week, depending on animal intake.
- A willingness to learn how to perform medical techniques, such as inserting microchips, drawing blood, etc.
- Regular communication with ALIVE staff, fosters, and volunteers.
About ALIVE Rescue
1214 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL 60607, US
ALIVE Rescue is an animal rescue that protects the lives and the rights of animals. We believe every animal has the right to a well-balanced, socialized and fulfilled life. We take on the responsibility to save, rehabilitate and place abandoned, abused and stray animals. We provide medical, behavioral and physical support for animals despite their age, health and/or breed. ALIVE promotes sustainable living and care giving by building awareness, appreciation and respect for all animals and the environment within our communities.
ALIVE Rescue is a volunteer run organization who rescues cats and dogs who would otherwise be euthanized. ALIVE is proud to be the first green animal rescue in Chicago.