Social Media Volunteer
9 people are interested
EXPONENTS is a nonprofit organization located in the heart of New York City compassionately dedicated to serving those impacted by HIV/AIDS, substance use, incarceration and behavioral health challenges. We deliver these services through a client-centered, strength-based approach which greatly improves health outcomes and promotes overall wellness in our communities.
The social media volunteer will be responsible for helping us to manage social media websites to spread the awareness of HIV/AIDS and substance use and promote the EXPONENTS brand in the local and online community. The volunteer will work closely with us in marketing new initiatives and events on social media networks.
- Post daily to various platforms
- Assist in larger social media campaigns
- Work closely and collaborate with the Fundraising & Events Manager
- Other related duties
- Should have good understanding of voice and social media presence of EXPONENTS
- Self-starter; ability to initiate and work independently
- Ability to interact professionally with potential partners and donors in person, via phone, and email
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Photoshop, Illustrator or other design program skills is a plus but not required
EXPONENTS volunteers have the chance to work closely with the Executive Team and have the opportunity to make true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. Though this is a volunteer opportunity, college students can receive college credit. Commitment is 10-15 hours a week.
Interested applicants should apply for this volunteer opportunity by submitting a resume.
Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted in late January - mid February 2019.
17 Battery Place8th FloorNew York, NY 10004
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Commitment is 10-15 hours a week. We will work with your schedule.