Volunteer with a Spring Robotics Program!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Masa is seeking dedicated volunteers who are interested in working as part of a team to help support our twelve-week Spring Robotics program in which Masa scholars hone their creativity and engineering skills by designing innovative robots with a focus on the local community. The Spring Robotics Program will end with an interactive showcase open to students and their families.
Where: Masa South Bronx Community Center, easily accessible by the 2 and 5 trains to the 149th Street-3rd Avenue train station (just 2 stops into the Bronx)
When: The Spring Robotics Program will begin on January 26th, 2019 and will end on April 13th, 2019
Time: The Spring Robotics Program will operate on Saturdays from 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm.
What: We are looking for dedicated volunteers to support our Robotics instructor. Volunteers will help facilitate daily lesson plans and activities, as well as help manage participating scholars. Prior background in STEM or Robotics is NOT required but a strong interest and knowledge of STEM subjects is highly welcomed. TRAINING will be provided.
Requirements are as follows:
- Ability to volunteer on a weekly basis
- Attend a training which will take place prior to program start date
- Willingness to work with scholars in grades 4 to 6 (ages 9 to 12)
- Willing and able to help facilitate lesson plans to students, in small group settings, and under the leadership of our Robotics instructor
- Help manage behavior and lead scholars through daily instruction
- Attend fall interactive showcase
- Provide feedback on student progress and/or concerns to Masa staff
- Fill out volunteer application and interview with Masa staff
Masa Tlanezcalli Center2770 Third Avenue1st floorBronx, NY 10455
- Math / Science Instruction
- Mechanical Engineering
- Special Needs
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Saturdays 1 - 3:30 pm
- Application, Interview