Participant Engagement Committee Volunteer Coordinator
1 person is interested
Held annually on the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, The Longest Day symbolizes how for those caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia, every day is the longest day. In honor of all those affected, the day with the most light is the day we fight! Either before, on, or after The Longest Day, people choose an activity that they’re passionate about to honor the Alzheimer's journey and to raise funds and awareness for the care, support, and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
People can join The Longest Day by participating on a team or hosting their own fundraiser. Activities can range from hiking and parties to even baking and puzzle-making. Many people choose an activity they love, or an activity loved by those affected, like baking your grandmother’s favorite pie recipe or playing cards in honor of your dad’s weekly bridge game. Not only do volunteers engage in meaningful work for a great cause, they also can acquire new connections and skills, while gaining a sense of purpose.
- The Participant Engagement Committee is responsible for retaining, coaching and supporting Team Captains and individual participants through coaching and support. This includes touch base calls, sharing fundraising ideas, and recognition.
- This team will need to be aware for all of the tools available to help support participants and teams and be well versed in how to use them so that they can teach other people how to use them.
- Make personal contact with participants through touches to encourage early registration, fundraising, and engagement.
- Monitor participant progress and ensure goals are hit. Assist them when needed.
- Develop and implement a year-round retention plan for all participants.
- Attributes of people who generally do well on this committee are the capability to cultivate and maintain relationships.
We'll work with your schedule.
564 S Main StreetSuite 200Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per month