Recruitment Committee Volunteer Coordinator
1 person is interested
Held annually on the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, The Longest Day symbolizes how for those caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia, every day is the longest day. In honor of all those affected, the day with the most light is the day we fight! Either before, on, or after The Longest Day, people choose an activity that they’re passionate about to honor the Alzheimer's journey and to raise funds and awareness for the care, support, and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
People can join The Longest Day by participating on a team or hosting their own fundraiser. Activities can range from hiking and parties to even baking and puzzle-making. Many people choose an activity they love, or an activity loved by those affected, like baking your grandmother’s favorite pie recipe or playing cards in honor of your dad’s weekly bridge game. Not only do volunteers engage in meaningful work for a great cause, they also can acquire new connections and skills, while gaining a sense of purpose.
- The Recruitment Committee is responsible for recruitment of new and prior participants and global teams for The Longest Day.
- This team will design a plan to reach out and activate participants for the new season.
- They’ll develop and implement strategies to reach new participants from corporations, organizations, facilities, schools, support groups, religious groups, etc.
- This team is encouraged to be creative when looking for new opportunities.
- Attributes of people who generally do well on this committee are enthusiasm and outgoing.
We'll work with your schedule.
564 S Main StreetSuite 200Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per month