Summer Youth Corps - Blood Drive (Donor Ambassador)
Spend your summer giving back to the community, while helping save lives and gain unique work experience for your future career.
How old do I need to be to join the Youth Corps?
- 13 - 24 years old
- A Parental Consent Form is required for those 17 and under
What will I do?
- Blood Drive Ambassador
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision and values
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support
- Make reminder calls, reschedule donor appointments and perform follow up activities as directed
- Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
- Model excellent customer service behaviors
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area, ensure each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
What is my promise to help the Red Cross?
- We require you to volunteer for 10 shifts between May 1 and August 31.
When and where does the Red Cross need help?
- Most blood drives take place during the day, Monday - Friday, and occasionally on the weekends.
- Blood drives are held throughout the Northern Ohio area.
- You will provide your own transportation to the volunteer events you choose.
How do I schedule?
- You will sign up online and choose the locations and times that best fit your schedule.
- Once your shift is accepted you are set! You cannot cancel or reschedule your accepted shift.
How will I be trained?
- Our Summer Youth Corps training is mandatory. It will be held on a date to be announced.
What do I gain from this Summer Youth Corps experience?
- A letter of reference for your portfolio. (Great for college applications, future jobs, etc.)
- Documented community service hours.
- The ability to build your customer service skills and contribute in a meaningful way to your community.
- The opportunity to work directly with medical staff.
- An official Red Cross name badge and lanyard to wear while volunteering.
408 9th Street SWCanton, OH 44707
- Customer Service
- Orientation or Training
- 10 shifts between May 1 and August 31