Summer Youth Corps - Blood Drive (Donor Ambassador)
American Red Cross - Northeast Ohio Region
Spend your summer giving back to the community, while helping save lives and gain unique work experience for your future career.
How old do I need to be to join the Youth Corps?
- 13 - 24 years old
- A Parental Consent Form is required for those 17 and under
What will I do?
- Blood Drive Ambassador
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision and values
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support
- Make reminder calls, reschedule donor appointments and perform follow up activities as directed
- Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
- Model excellent customer service behaviors
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area, ensure each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
What is my promise to help the Red Cross?
- We require you to volunteer for 10 shifts between May 1 and August 31.
When and where does the Red Cross need help?
- Most blood drives take place during the day, Monday - Friday, and occasionally on the weekends.
- Blood drives are held throughout the Northern Ohio area.
- You will provide your own transportation to the volunteer events you choose.
How do I schedule?
- You will sign up online and choose the locations and times that best fit your schedule.
- Once your shift is accepted you are set! You cannot cancel or reschedule your accepted shift.
How will I be trained?
- Our Summer Youth Corps training is mandatory. It will be held on a date to be announced.
What do I gain from this Summer Youth Corps experience?
- A letter of reference for your portfolio. (Great for college applications, future jobs, etc.)
- Documented community service hours.
- The ability to build your customer service skills and contribute in a meaningful way to your community.
- The opportunity to work directly with medical staff.
- An official Red Cross name badge and lanyard to wear while volunteering.
About American Red Cross - Northeast Ohio Region
3747 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.