Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Advocacy Committee Member
ORGANIZATION: PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers power the passion and progress of our cause. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN)
prides itself on a nationwide grassroots army, inspiring over one million people to take action and accelerate progress in the fight to end pancreatic cancer. With guidance from PanCAN staff, local affiliates are led by a volunteer leadership team that includes an Affiliate Chair, PurpleStride Chair, Mission Chair and November Awareness Chair. This leadership team engages other volunteers and community members through committees supporting the organization’s mission at the local level.
The Advocacy Committee Member will assist the Advocacy Chair (AdvC) to recruit and lead other local volunteers interested in taking action against pancreatic cancer through government Advocacy. The AdvC builds a committee covering key congressional districts to build relationships with members of Congress and their staff securing support for PanCAN’s legislative priorities.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Assists the leader of the Advocacy Committee, one of the committees under the Mission Chair.
* Point person and local resource for the local volunteer affiliate and volunteers for Advocacy campaigns
* Actively recruits volunteers who live in each of the congressional districts within the designated affiliate
area that will make up the Advocacy committee; priority is placed on recruiting volunteers in key
congressional districts as designated by the Government Affairs & Advocacy Department.
* Leads Advocacy committee members to build and develop relationships with members of Congress and
their staff to secure support for PanCAN’s legislative priorities.
* Provides PanCAN tools and resources to committee members to implement Advocacy campaigns at the
* Keeps the affiliate informed of congressional activity and shares Advocacy engagement opportunities to
recruit and retain volunteers.
* Routinely participates in training calls with Advocacy volunteers and Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
* Serves as main liaison with Advocacy State Leader regarding all senate communication
* Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with Mission Chair.
* Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
* Respond to inquiries within two business days.
* All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer
leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment
to the PanCAN mission.
* Strong leader, communicator and motivator
* A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Engaging presenter & public speaker
* Must be comfortable and confident in contacting and meeting with members of Congress.
* Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
* Advocacy Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
* Webinars throughout the year
* Inside Track e-newsletter - distributed to all leadership roles
* Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill - live training & in person Congressional meetings
* Regional Training - in person role specific training
* Mission Chair
* Advocacy Committee Members
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
About PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
1500 ROSECRANS AVE STE 200, MANHATTAN BCH, CA 90266, US
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer. Founded in 1999, the non-profit Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's national office is in Manhattan Beach, California, with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, and volunteer leadership in more than 90 communities around the country.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, our community network is the driving force behind progress. Join thousands of volunteers, survivors, healthcare professionals, researchers and donors who are making a difference in the pancreatic cancer community. Get involved today!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 14, 2022