Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Event Experience Chair
ORGANIZATION: PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers power the passion and progress of our cause. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN)
prides itself on a nationwide grassroots army, inspiring over one million people to take action and accelerate progress in the fight to end pancreatic cancer. With guidance from PanCAN staff, local affiliates are led by a volunteer leadership team that includes an Affiliate Chair, PurpleStride Chair, Mission Chair and November Awareness Chair. This leadership team engages other volunteers and community members through committees supporting the organization’s mission at the local level.
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN
while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Event
Experience Chair plays a critical role in ensuring the success of PurpleStride through creating an engaging
experience that the community will embrace and choose to return year after year.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Actively recruit and manage event experience committee members.
* Collaborate with other PurpleStride planning committee chairs to develop the event experience plan
including entertainment, ceremonies, recognition and activities.
* Lead event experience committee to execute a plan for:
o Top team, flagships, Grand Club member & sponsor appreciation and recognition
o Ceremony speakers & participants - ensure messages are timed and appropriate
o Purple Play Zone
o Photographers & photo area
o Overall event experience
* Partner with PurpleStride chair and committee to create and execute a strategy to grow participation and
quality of the event.
* Leverage kickoffs as an opportunity to promote event experience elements.
* Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
* Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
* Respond to inquiries within two business days.
* All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer
leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment
to the PanCAN mission.
Position Title: Event Experience Chair
Position Type: Committee Chair (PurpleStride Planning Committee)
Time Frame: Two Years
* Strong leader, communicator and motivator
* A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Knowledge of community
* Strong time management
* Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
* Event Experience Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
* Webinars throughout the year
* Inside Track e-newsletter
* PurpleStride Chair
* PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs
o Team & Individual Development Chair
o Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
o Logistics Chair
o Media Chair
o Event Day Volunteer Chair
About the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In our urgent mission to save lives, we attack pancreatic cancer on all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. Our effort is amplified by a nationwide network of grassroots support. We are determined to improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.
About PANCREATIC CANCER ACTION NETWORK LAS VEGAS
1500 ROSECRANS AVE STE 200, MANHATTAN BCH, CA 90266, US
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer. Founded in 1999, the non-profit Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's national office is in Manhattan Beach, California, with offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, and volunteer leadership in more than 90 communities around the country.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a national organization creating hope in a comprehensive way through research, patient support, community outreach and advocacy for a cure. At the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, our community network is the driving force behind progress. Join thousands of volunteers, survivors, healthcare professionals, researchers and donors who are making a difference in the pancreatic cancer community. Get involved today!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 14, 2022