8 people are interested
Publishing Associate: (Remote or Local to MN)
ORGANIZATION: Aeon For Ocean
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Aeon for Ocean (AFO), a 501(c)(3), Our mission is to educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life amongst kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action. We are looking for someone to help support and expand our community engagement.
Write articles, blogs and newsletter for a variety of audiences and purposes including a community newsletter, staff newsletter, website, marketing materials, news releases and other print and electronic communications.
- Write a minimum of one (1) research-based article per month for K to 12 Audience
- Design/develop Aeon for Ocean’s monthly news letter
- Edit and proofread electronic/print materials for accuracy, consistency, clarity and style.
- Finalize all article topics with Project team
- Choose own topics pertaining to marine life and ecosystem, ensuring that the topic is relevant with current, professional research sources.
- Accurately cite articles and submit them on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Applicants should based in Minnesota (Local) or USA only and comfortable attending meetings at CST Time Zone.
*As part of Aeon for Ocean's standard process, some candidates might undergo a Background Verification check for the offer to be extended. These verification checks will be conducted either by Aeon for Ocean directly or by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant.
On successful completion of minimum six (06) months, a letter of recommendation will be provided to the volunteer on his/her request.
Aeon for Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Aeon For Ocean
Mpls, Minneapolis, MN , US
To educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life among kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
Aeon for Ocean is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded by 7-year-old Aeon in Minnesota, to share knowledge about marine life, the oceans and our role in protecting this planet.
Our focus is on helping inland communities understand why the ocean matters and identify things they can do to protect the ocean. Through our Krill2Whale program and other initiatives, Aeon for Ocean is teaching kids they can save the World Ocean for eons!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 15, 2022
- Reading / Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Internet Research
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training