Social Media & Community Outreach Intern and Volunteer Opportunities
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Intern and Volunteers Wanted for Social Media and Community Outreach for Uhuru Furniture an economic development project of the African People’s Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org)
Sign up Today!
* Get the word out about Uhuru Furniture and APEDF campaigns to uplift the African community
- Participate and/or coordinate groups working outside puttting up posters and handing out flyers
- Use your social media skills to promote black community economic development
- Everyone welcome, experienced or willing to learn and contribute
- Orientations every Thursday 5pm-6pm
Uhuru Furniture 832 N Broad st Phila. PA19130
215-546-9616 ext 3
About Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles
832 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19130, US
Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles is a project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF). APEDF strives to develop and institutionalize programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development of the African community.
Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles is a non-profit store that is a fundraiser for black community empowerment programs of APEDF. We receive a truck load of donated furniture and household items every day. This is a lively, popular Center City store staffed mostly by volunteers. When you volunteer at Uhuru Furniture, you not only contribute to the success of the store, you become part of a larger movement for peace through social justice. People shop at Uhuru Furniture for low priced, top quality items and to support crucial programs for social justice for African people.
We'll work with your schedule.
832 N. Broad St.Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Sales Marketing
- Graphic Design / Print
- Computer Science
- Mobile Programming
- Graphic Design
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 5 hours a week, and there is a commitment of 3 months minimum for an internship. We can discuss this further at the orientation.
- Passion for social justice and African self-determination. Interest in meeting and working with people of all walks of life. Willingness to work to change the world, not just a paycheck.