28 people are interested
Mentor an Under-Resourced Entrepreneur
ORGANIZATION: Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI)
Please visit the new page to apply.
28 people are interested
Help RMMFI entrepreneurs gain self sufficiency as 1 of 3 types of Business Launch Boot Camp mentors!
Our 12-week Business Launch Boot Camp (BLBC) is an intensive course in which up to 10 qualified but under-resourced entrepreneurs launch (or re-launch) their businesses. Each BLBC offers participants a coordinated curriculum of education, mentorship, and technical assistance. Every entrepreneur is paired with a three-person volunteer mentor team, including Business, Finance, and Accountability Coaches, to guide business decisions and provide additional support.
As a mentor, you can support your entrepreneur with 1) business & operational know how, 2) financial planning, or 3) teamwork/staying organized.
Mentor teams meet with their entrepreneur for 1 hour each week at a time that is convenient for them. In addition, you'll be expected to attend 5 evening events over the 12 weeks (orientation, 3 pitch nights, and graduation).
To learn more and sign up, please go to www.rmmfi.org/volunteer and fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
About Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI)
1209 W. 10th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204, US
Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute creates the space for communities and people of all backgrounds to realize their unique potential through the power of entrepreneurship. We invest in entrepreneurs’ personal and business development through a proven mix of classroom, coaching, capital, and community.
RMMFI doesn’t just invest in businesses; we invest in people, and we do it with more than dollars. We view entrepreneurship as a system of people, businesses, and community, and our holistic approach brings these elements together to allow individuals to tap into the social and economic benefits of business ownership. Our goal is to help entrepreneurs grow into business owners who can successfully shift and adapt to changing environments in their businesses and their lives. We know that personal foundations are essential for success, and RMMFI works with entrepreneurs to develop their personal stability, entrepreneurial spark, and business feasibility.
In 14 years, RMMFI is proud to have:
- Graduated 47 cohorts of Business Launch Boot Camp with an 85% graduation rate, resulting in the launch or expansion of 371 businesses in Denver, Aurora, and the San Luis Valley
- Distributed $981,041 in 320 loans to low-income entrepreneurs with a 94% repayment rate
- Won the 2021 Ian Helms Award from the Dakota Foundation
- Won the 2019 Colorado Google.org Impact Challenge (one of five winners)
- Won the 2019 National Innovation Award from American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
- Received the 2016 Small Nonprofit of the Year award from the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
1209 West 10th AvenueDenver, CO 80204
October 17, 2022
- Business Planning
- Cost Analysis
- Market Research / Analysis
- Orientation or Training
- average of 2-3 hours/week for 12 weeks (8-12 hours/month)
- must be able to attend occasional weeknight evening events