16 people are interested
Mentor an Under-Resourced Entrepreneur
16 people are interested
Help RMMFI entrepreneurs gain self sufficiency as 1 of 3 types of Business Launch Boot Camp mentors!
Our 12-week Business Launch Boot Camp (BLBC) is an intensive course in which up to 10 qualified but under-resourced entrepreneurs launch (or re-launch) their businesses. Each BLBC offers participants a coordinated curriculum of education, mentorship, and technical assistance. Every entrepreneur is paired with a three-person volunteer mentor team, including Business, Finance, and Accountability Coaches, to guide business decisions and provide additional support.
As a mentor, you can support your entrepreneur with 1) business & operational know how, 2) financial planning, or 3) teamwork/staying organized.
Mentor teams meet with their entrepreneur for 1 hour each week at a time that is convenient for them. In addition, you'll be expected to attend 5 evening events over the 12 weeks (orientation, 3 pitch nights, and graduation).
To learn more and sign up, please go to www.rmmfi.org/volunteer and fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
About Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI)
1209 W. 10th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204, US
Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute creates the space for communities and people of all backgrounds to realize their unique potential through the power of entrepreneurship. We believe that all people deserve the investment to achieve their dreams, and we provide that investment through classroom, coaching, capital, and community.
The RMMFI "Whole Entrepreneur" model operates on the fundamental belief that everyone has a unique mix of skills, experiences, and personalities defining their greatness. When the struggles and barriers of the world muddy our vision, it’s hard to see what we’ve got inside ourselves. RMMFI creates the space to unleash the potential of people and communities through entrepreneurship. Working together as a community, our goal is to build the RMMFI Entrepreneur into a business owner who can successfully shift and adapt to changing environments in their business and their life. Personal foundations are essential for success, and RMMFI works with entrepreneurs to focus on personal stability, entrepreneurial spark, and business feasibility.
In 13 years, RMMFI is proud to have:
- Graduated 37 cohorts of Business Launch Boot Camp with an 85% graduation rate, which resulted in the launch or expansion of 300 businesses in Denver and Aurora
- Distributed $839,000 in 291 loans to low-income entrepreneurs with a 93% repayment rate
- Won the 2019 Colorado Google.org Impact Challenge (one of five winners)
- Won the 2019 National Innovation Award from American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
- Received the 2016 Small Nonprofit of the Year award from the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
1209 West 10th AvenueDenver, CO 80204
October 15, 2021
- Business Planning
- Cost Analysis
- Market Research / Analysis
- Orientation or Training
- average of 2-3 hours/week for 12 weeks (8-12 hours/month)
- must be able to attend occasional weeknight evening events