Mentor an Under-Resourced Entrepreneur in Aurora
1 person is interested
Help RMMFI entrepreneurs gain self sufficiency as 1 of 3 types of Business Launch Boot Camp mentors!
Our 12-week Business Launch Boot Camp (BLBC) is an intensive course in which up to 10 qualified but under-resourced entrepreneurs launch (or re-launch) their businesses. Each BLBC offers participants a coordinated curriculum of education, mentorship, and technical assistance. Every entrepreneur is paired with a three-person volunteer mentor team, including Business, Finance, and Accountability Coaches, to guide business decisions and provide additional support.
As a mentor, you can support your entrepreneur with 1) business & operational know how, 2) financial planning, or 3) teamwork/staying organized.
Mentor teams meet with their entrepreneur for 1 hour each week at a time that is convenient for them. In addition, you'll be expected to attend 5 evening events over the 12 weeks (orientation, 3 pitch nights, and graduation).
To learn more and sign up, please go to www.rmmfi.org/volunteer and fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
About Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute (RMMFI)
1209 West 10th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204, US
RMMFI is a community creating economic and social mobility through entrepreneurship. RMMFI helps curious people transform into serious entrepreneurs through personal, business, and financial investments.
As a Community Development Financial Institution with over 10 years of experience, RMMFI has supported Denver’s under-resourced entrepreneurs with business development, personal capacity-building, and lending. RMMFI focuses on the "whole entrepreneur" and uses business ownership as a tool for socioeconomic mobility. In 11 years, RMMFI is proud to have:
- Distributed $547,035 in 216 loans to low-income entrepreneurs, with a 95% repayment rate
- Graduated 27 classes of Business Launch Boot Camp with an 85% graduation rate, which resulted in the launch or expansion of 226 businesses in Denver and Aurora
- Won the 2019 National Innovation Award from American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
- Received the 2016 Small Nonprofit of the Year award from the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
We'll work with your schedule.
9360 East Colfax AvenueAurora, CO 80010
- Business Planning
- Cost Analysis
- Market Research / Analysis
- Orientation or Training
- average of 2-3 hours/week for 12 weeks (8-12 hours/month)
- must be able to attend occasional weeknight evening events