2020 GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer Walk/Run Sacramento, CA!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Each step you take is one step closer to the Cure.
Volunteer with us on March 28, 2020 in Sacramento, CA for the Annual Your Next Step is the Cure event!
Our Your Next Step is the Cure events raise much-needed funds for the patient services and clinical research projects of the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer, as well as provide fun, family-friendly activities, including music, awards and more.
Below is a breakdown of what tasks will be available during different time slots throughout the morning. These will all be delegated the morning of the race:
6:00am-8:00am (Before registration)
- Setting up registration area*
- Event set-up: help set patient resources tent, registration set up, lifting and unloading boxes, etc.
- Setting up team banners*
- Setting up team tents: bringing shirts/food/water to each tent*
- Parking assistance
- Registration assistance: helping participants fill out registration forms, taking money/checks, etc.
- Pre-registration check-in: checking people off of our list and directing them to the right location
- Greeting participants
- T-shirt hand out: distributing t-shirts to individuals as they check in
9:30-10:30am (While the participants are walking/running):
- Food/drink hand out: along the course, handing waters/fruits to participants
- Medal organization: making sure all medals are organized before they are announced
- Course monitoring: Making sure people are going the right way and that the course is marked clearly*
- Participation encouragement: cheering for participants as they run/cross the finish line
- Timing company coordinator: getting the timing company the registration forms and helping them with getting numbers registered for those who are running.
- If you need a break, you can stop by the volunteer tent to enjoy water and snacks/fruit.
- Event break down: breaking down registration, breaking down patient resource tent, folding linens, taking down team banners, cleaning up trash, lifting boxes (up to 50 lbs.), repacking boxes, etc.*
*Volunteers will be engaged in physical activity; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical activities include walking, standing, sitting, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
The GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer is committed to providing equal opportunity for our volunteers and prohibits any unlawful discrimination.
About The GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer
1100 INDUSTRIAL RD STE 1, SAN CARLOS, CA 94070, US
The Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (ALCF) and the Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA) have proudly joined forces as GO2Foundation for Lung Cancer. Together we are the "go-to" local and global force serving and advocating for the needs of the entire lung cancer community: those at risk, diagnosed, vulnerable and all others impacted or impacting the disease. GO2Foundation for Lung Cancer is the place where everyone impacted by lung cancer finds personalized care, powerful connections and purposeful collaboration.
We partner with patients and world-class academic and researchers collecting and analyzing data, images and tissue samples from hundreds of patients nationwide to help improve diagnosis, specialize and improve therapies and overcome treatment resistance.
Through a comprehensive suite of free services, we’ll deliver professional and personalized treatment navigation, molecular testing, clinical trial guidance, counseling and screening, and multi-disciplinary treatment team referrals.
Patients from all backgrounds and in all stages of their cancer journeys can rely on GO2Foundationdaily for free support resources, expert advice and access to the best care possible.
William Land Park3800 Land Park DriveSacramento, CA 95822
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- 3-6 hours