Education & Outreach Intern
**Please fill out our Internship Application and attach the requested supporting documents for consideration: https://www.luvinarms.org/educationinternship/
The education and outreach internship is a great opportunity for people who are passionate about speaking out for farmed animals. The mission in this department is to connect our community through compassionate education and inspiration for the sake of all farmed animals. We accomplish this through organizing programs, events and other outreach opportunities for anyone interested in learning how to become an active player in caring for our health, our environment, and the animals. Here’s what we need from you to complete this mission...
- Complete orientation and training for becoming a tour guide, and conduct/organize tours
- Assist with events; organizing pre- and post- event needs, and working areas needed during events
- Help to promote events
- Fill in for visitor center attendants when needed
- Apply for tabling opportunities out in our community
- Help organize, research and assist with projects needed at the time for education and outreach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to Luvin Arms and plant based lifestyle while on site
- Hard working and dependable
- Flexible attitude
- Volunteer commitment of 20-40 hours per week
- One month minimum commitment required
- Weekends and some holidays may be required
- Must be able to spend majority amount of time on site at the sanctuary
- Learning new ways to advocate and expand your compassion for farmed animals
- Potential to build connections with like-minded animal lovers
- Get the inside look of how a sanctuary runs
Reports to: Education and Outreach Coordinator
Compensation: Unpaid, volunteer position
We'll work with your schedule.
3470 County Road 7Erie, CO 80516
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteer commitment of 20-40 hours per week with one month minimum commitment required.
- Must be 18 or older with a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Applicants must fill out our internship application for consideration.