Board Chair Position
4 people are interested
Organization: Colorado Springs Food Rescue is a non-profit organization whose mission is to cultivate a healthy, equitable food system in the greater Colorado Springs community. We believe in building healthier communities by way of a healthier food system.
Job Title: Board Chair
Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Description: Colorado Springs Food Rescue (CSFR) is seeking an approachable, visionary and collaborative individual with prior leadership experience to serve as Board Chair. The ideal candidate will facilitate continued efforts as CSFR prepares for sizable strategic growth.
- Strategic & Financial Planning
- Engage in strategic planning & development.
- Plan & facilitate annual board retreat.
- Alongside executive committee, ensure good financial standing of the organization.
- Be a role model in fundraising efforts.
- The board chair serves as its signing officer. This designation gives the authority to sign documents, such as contracts, checks and credit applications, on behalf of the organization.
- Board Oversight
- Motivate others to become involved.
- Ask board members to donate to the organization on a yearly basis.
- Assist in board recruitment and onboarding.
III. Meeting Attendance
- Preside over the Executive Committee meeting during the first Monday of each month at 5PM.
- Preside over the board meeting every second Tuesday of each month at 5:30PM
- Executive Director
- Liaison between Executive Director and board of directors.
- Accompany the ED on "asks" and funder interviews as needed.
- Community Engagement
- Represent CSFR in public events.
- Cultivate relationships that will benefit the work of CSFR.
- Previous experience facilitating group meetings and/or board meetings.
- Passion for cultivating a healthy, equitable food system in the greater Colorado Springs community.
- Previous leadership experience on a board.
- At least 1 year of experience in the nonprofit sector (including but not limited to volunteering, board service, employment, etc.).
- Interpersonal acumen.
We'll work with your schedule.
917 E. Moreno AvenueColorado Springs, CO 80903
- Administrative Support
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Orientation or Training
- The Board Chair is expected to commit roughly 10 hours per month towards this position.