Extended Day Pre-K Classroom Volunteer at Manny Cantor Center
5 people are interested
Educational Alliance’s Manny Cantor Center-a vibrant and diverse community center on the Lower East Side-has ongoing, recurring, and one-time volunteer roles that provide meaningful support to our critical programs. We are a Certified Service Enterprise, meaning we strategically engage volunteers’ time and talent to fulfill our mission. As a More Hands More Hearts Volunteer, you can turn your values into action, while being a valued member of our team.
UPK at Manny Cantor Center is an inspired, responsive and progressive Pre-K program built on a few simple principles: All children are competent, capable and curious. All families have something to contribute. We are stronger together. Our teachers create safe, joyful and nurturing learning environments that foster inquiry, exploration and reflection, and work collaboratively with children to co-construct a curriculum that draws inspiration from children’s interests and the world around us. Families are our partners, joining together with children and teachers to create a seamless connection between home and school.
We’re looking for volunteers to work alongside an established team of educators in Extended Day Pre-K classrooms, serving children 4-5 years old.
WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT?
- Assist teaching team with facilitating rich experiences for young children
- Join class for neighborhood walks and trips to local parks
- Help with managing transitions throughout the afternoon
- Afternoon shift 3-5pm or 3-6pm. Priority to candidates looking to make a daily commitment
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Complete the volunteer application
- Phone screening with volunteer department and in-person interview with early childhood staff
- Completion of SCR Database Check Form, Medical Form and GoPass Fingerprinting
APPLY TO BE AN PRE-K EXTENDED DAY CLASSROOM VOLUNTEER...
- You are a warm, gentle, patient and kind person
- You love spending time with children
- Mobility to sit on the floor or a low chair, crouch to child’s height, and lift 50lb
We'll work with your schedule.
197 East BroadwayManny Cantor CenterNew York, NY 10002
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training