Front Door Ambassador: Welcome Volunteers and Community Members!
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Food Bank of Iowa is seeking a Volunteer Front Door Ambassador to greet our guests, Partner Agencies and volunteers at our second entrance. The volunteer will assist with checking volunteers in and welcoming them, directing and answering guest questions and help with light office duties such as stuffing envelopes, data entry, filing papers, etc. This position is available Monday through Friday and will take place from 8:00am through 4:00pm in four hour increments.
- Help welcome visitors and volunteers as they arrive into the office
- Use computer for data entry and to check in volunteers and enter volunteer hours
- Direct guests to meeting rooms/appropriate staff
- Assist walk in emergency box clients and direct them to local pantries
- Answer visitor questions and/or direct them to appropriate staff
- Light office work (stuffing envelopes, filing, small projects, etc.)
- Accept and weigh/count donations from visitors
- There may be slow times during the day, so you would be welcome to bring a book, craft, word puzzle, etc.
- Able to work well with and enjoy a variety of people
- Able to commit to volunteering at least once a week for at least 6 months
- Able to sit, stand, and move in an office environment
- Comfortable with using computer and learning new computer programs
- Able to commit to the Food Bank of Iowa's mission, vision and values
- Able to complete training, learning about the Food Bank of Iowa's processes, procedures, and functions
- Interested volunteers must be able to commit to one shift a week for at least 6 months
- Coverage is needed Monday- Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm in four hour shifts [8am-12pm; 12pm-4pm]
We ask that you dress in business casual attire
If interested, please contact Michaela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-564-0330.
We'll work with your schedule.
2220 E 17th StreetDes Moines, IA 50316
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- A weekly commitment of one four hour shift per week.