Fosterfields Art Program Volunteer
3 people are interested
Position Description: The Art Program volunteer will assist with our monthly art series under the supervision of our Senior Historic Program Specialist. During this drop-in program, visitors to the Farm will complete basic arts and crafts programs. Each quarter, the volunteer will sign up for dates to work the program. For quarters the volunteers are working the program, they are expected to attend a training on the projects. Volunteers are expected to stay for the duration of the craft plus half-hour set-up and clean-up.
Crafts will be done outside under a tent.
Essential Volunteer Qualities:
- Must enjoy working with children
- Interest in arts and crafts
- Comfortable interacting with the public of all ages
- Able to work semi-independently and problem-solve
Training Provided: For quarters the volunteers are working the program, they are expected to attend a training on the projects.
Position Dates & Times:
Training will be held on a seasonal basis (March, June and August) for the upcoming 2 months’ crafts. Training will be based on volunteer availability. The program times will be from 2:00-4:30. Programs are on Saturday afternoons.
Volunteer dates/art projects are: **Dates are definite, but project ideas are subject to change**
- April 20: Tin Punch
- May 18: Yarn Dolls and Whirligigs
- July 20: Egg Carton Model Ts
- August 17: Animal Windsocks
- September 21: Corn Cob Painting
- October 19: Lovely Leaves
To apply: Please email Alli Kong at email@example.com for a volunteer application. For more info, you may also email or call Alli at (973)-631-5344.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
73 Kahdena RoadMorristown NJ, NJ 07962
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Welfare
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Must attend one training session quarterly and one 2.5 hour program quarterly