Dakota County World War I Veterans Research Volunteer
4 people are interested
Volunteers will "adopt" World War I service members (Red Cross, soldiers, and medical personnel) to research their service record for the Dakota County Historical Society. This information will then be compiled into a database and biographies will be created for each service member.
Lawshe Memorial Museum
130 3rd Ave N
South St. Paul, MN 55075
Duties & Responsibilities
- Volunteers will select up to five people from a database to research
- They will be provided a template with information we are seeking to complete a biography / profile of each person
- Most research can be done offsite on your own time and schedule
- We will provide a flash drive with the template, as well as resources for where information can be found
- After one month, we will have the research returned and additional people can be adopted. In the end, we will create a complete database and biography for each person that served
Must be 16 years old or older
Minimum Time Commitment
Varies by volunteer and profiles
Mild - May include walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Periods of standing or sitting will be required. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Training will be provided by county staff.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawshe Memorial Museum130 3rd Street Ave. NSouth St. Paul, MN 55075
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Depends on how many people you "adopt" to research. Projects are done on your own time.