Social Media Content Creator/Community Manager
Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Miami, Florida and created for empowering marginalized Haiti children of poverty (known as "Restavek" in Haitian Creole, the local language) through our educational and support programs.
Role brief: The Social Media Content Creator/Community Manager is a virtual volunteer position that works directly with the Marketing Project Manager. The individual will be responsible for creating strong content (both through writing copy and selecting/editing images) and have a responsibility to drive community growth and engagement to support our nonprofit organization.
When onboarding your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
- Plan a monthly content calendar for 2-3 posts to Facebook each week
- Create content for 2-3 Facebook posts per week, which will include writing engaging copy and selecting an image from an image bank to edit
- Post content to social media platforms
- Monitor and respond to comments and engagement with social media content
- Increase the number of followers and engagement with social media pages
- Measure and analyze effectiveness of engagement strategy
- Suggest opportunities for growing community and engagement
- Identify and cultivate relationships with influencers
- Attend a weekly meeting with the marketing team to provide updates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s required, Marketing background preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in social media content creation preferred
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 7-10 hrs per week
- Demonstrated ability to write successful social media content (Samples needed)
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Facebook, and preferred experience in Twitter and Instagram
- Native fluency in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives. After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.