DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Purpose: The Volunteer Director is responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers. They will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people to help us further our mission of helping domestic violence survivors and their pets escape abuse and build new lives together. The Volunteer Director should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. They must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience. The Volunteer Director is responsible for high-level activities and must be comfortable working independently and making their own decisions. The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals at every level, and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfilment of our mission.
Location: The Volunteer Director must be located in Chicago or the Chicago area. They must be able to attend meetings in Chicago at least once a month.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate new volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for regular activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Track volunteer hours and use the data to create reports
- Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Develop program goals and policies
- Manage a budget for volunteer activities and support
Reports to the Executive Director
Length of Appointment: We ask that the Volunteer Director commit to one year of service. We also ask that the Volunteer Director train a successor before resigning.
Time Commitment: The Volunteer Director will work on their own time. We expect a commitment of 5-10 hours per week, depending on the upcoming activities. The Volunteer Director will meet with the Executive Director at least once a month.
- Proven experience as an Operations Director or similar position
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel), as well as Google’s GSuite
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
- A degree in business administration, human resources, social studies or relevant field will be appreciated
Support: Volunteer Director with be provided training on the link between domestic violence and animal abuse, as well as The Safe Haven Network’s history and activities. The Executive Director will be available for questions and assistance. Board of Directors and other SHN volunteers will be available to assist with programs and activities.
We'll work with your schedule.
ChicagoChicago, IL 60606
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- The Volunteer Director will work on their own time. We expect a commitment of 5-10 hours per week, depending on the upcoming activities. The Volunteer Director will meet with the Executive Director at least once a month.
- To apply, please send a resume and brief statement of interest to email@example.com with "Volunteer Director Application" in the subject line.