3 people are interested
Vets Visiting Vets -Hospice Volunteering
ORGANIZATION: Continuum Care Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Military Veterans are needed to make friendly visits to our hospice patients who are also Vets. We find that when Vets share stories and relatable experiences with other Vets, there is an opening for understanding and compassion and honest companionship when it is most needed - at end of life. If you have a few hours available each week, your presence and attention will be most welcome. You will receive orientation and training, as well as on-going support from our team of hospice professionals. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
- Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy.
- Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people's differences.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to pass background check requirements.
- CMS requires that all patient-facing staff, as well as those that are in contact with patient-facing staff, be fully vaccinated, or have a documented religious or medical exemption. This important rule is required for all healthcare organizations that receive federal funds through Medicare or Medicaid.
About Continuum Care Hospice
5401 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 110, Petaluma, CA 94954, US
Continuum Care Hospice’s mission is to provide the terminally ill patient and their loved ones with the support and care they require to live their lives comfortably. Our goal is to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual comfort. We believe that Hospice care should be available to any and all persons with an illness for which there is no cure or for persons who elect not to attempt a cure, resulting in a limited life expectancy.
Seeking Volunteers in Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Do you have a need for a little something more in your life...something that can provide a strong sense of connection and fulfillment? Are you looking for a way to share your knowledge, talent and heart that will have a meaningful impact on the lives of others?
Volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice offers you the opportunity to belong to a volunteer fellowship, benefit your well-being and do satisfying work to provide compassionate care to others. You will be a vital and valued member of our team.
The main role of a volunteer at Continuum Care Hospice is patient and family support. Volunteers also provide crucial assistance with administrative support, community outreach, fundraising and special projects.
Choose your best fit from a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and receive specialized free training that will give you confidence in your ability to help while being able to design your own schedule as part of an invaluable team.
Our volunteers tell us that volunteering with Continuum Care Hospice is life-changing and one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 10, 2023
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Typically up to 2 - 3 hours per week
- Veteran of the US Armed Services; provide own transportation to patient visits.