Phone Skills? Help Volunteer Services Screen Potential Volunteers!
3 people are interested
The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited for. Provides an excellent experience for all new volunteers joining the American Red Cross. Best of all, it can be done from the comfort of your own home!
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings over the phone with prospective volunteers.
- Studies and learns each volunteer position description.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidates application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
- Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested. Provides prospective volunteers with information about the intake, referral and placement process.
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest, availability and available options.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service. Training is provided.
- Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
- Ability to work with computer database. Training is provided.
- Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
- Previous experience with customer service is a plus
- HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
Training Provided by the Red Cross:
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Regional training
- Volunteer Connection Orientation
- Opportunities to work in a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Working with deadlines and specific time-lines. Hone and develop interview skills.
- Experience towards working with Event Based Volunteers and Staff
- Services on Disaster Relief Operations.
If this sounds like the right fit for you please go to www.redcross.org/volunteer and start the application process today!
We'll work with your schedule.
From HomeAlbany, NY 12205
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months, renewable