Work with Volunteer Services to Recruit Volunteers in the Mid Hudson Valley!
6 people are interested
Be part of a local team implementing the regional workforce recruitment plan. Recruit, convene, and lead a team of volunteer recruiters in your area OR conduct recruitment activities in your county. Often, these are tabling events such as health or safety fairs, community events, etc.
- Attend and represent Red Cross at community events, fairs, tabling opportunities, etc. Provide volunteer recruitment and on-boarding materials to prospective volunteers.
- Describe various volunteer opportunities to prospective volunteers.
- If available, speak at group functions to describe the need for volunteers and deliver the Red Cross recruitment message.
- Lead/assist in the development and implementation of volunteer workforce recruitment activities.
- Plan and carry out recruitment events in communities served by your chapter, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
- Assist in advertising and marketing for open-call events
- Assist new volunteers with initial online intake steps.
- General understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
- Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic
If this sounds like the right fit for you please go to www.redcross.org/volunteer and start the application process today!
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
4 Jefferson PlazaSuite 302Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Human Resources Recruitment
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- This position lasts for one year and is renewable.
- Leadership opportunities abound!