Support Our Troops - Be a Caseworker in Service to the Armed Forces for the American Red Cross
4 people are interested
Caseworkers ensure that the needs of military families are met when faced with an urgent need.
- Support the Red Cross mission.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies.
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly.
- Support the critical community services cases; which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies; and the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans.
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy.
- Successful American Red Cross background check.
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation.
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues.
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management.
- Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources.
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations.
Training Provided by the Red Cross:
- Orientation to the American Red Cross.
- Specific SAF on-line casework and case management system training.
- Specific SAF classroom training regarding practices, policies and procedures.
- SAF Basic Training webinars (SAF Overview; Military 101; Family Follow-up; etc.).
- Familiarization with the Client Assistance Manual (CAM).
- Diversity, Sensitivity and Awareness eLearning (Recommended).
If this sounds like the right fit for you please go to www.redcross.org/volunteer and start the application process today!
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
American Red Cross33 Everett RoadAlbany, NY 12205
- Bereavement Support
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Veteran Care
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training