Support Our Troops - Be a Caseworker in Service to the Armed Forces for the American Red Cross
3 people are interested
Caseworkers ensure that the needs of military families are met when faced with an urgent need.
- Support the Red Cross mission.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies.
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly.
- Support the critical community services cases; which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies; and the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans.
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy.
- Successful American Red Cross background check.
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation.
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues.
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management.
- Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications.
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources.
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations.
Training Provided by the Red Cross:
- Orientation to the American Red Cross.
- Specific SAF on-line casework and case management system training.
- Specific SAF classroom training regarding practices, policies and procedures.
- SAF Basic Training webinars (SAF Overview; Military 101; Family Follow-up; etc.).
- Familiarization with the Client Assistance Manual (CAM).
- Diversity, Sensitivity and Awareness eLearning (Recommended).
If this sounds like the right fit for you please go to www.redcross.org/volunteer and start the application process today!
We'll work with your schedule.
American Red Cross33 Everett RoadAlbany, NY 12205
- Bereavement Support
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Veteran Care
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training